Thursday, April 03, 2014

Oh Rei, where are you?

My friend is missing, and there is a girl-shaped hole in my heart. It's been over a month since I last had contact with her, and I'm beginning to think I won't ever hear from her again.

I was feeling melancholy about this situation and snuggled in the lovesac remembering lyrics to the music she's sent me over the years that particularly reminded me of her:

This story's missing a wishing well
No mirror to show and tell
No kiss that can break the spell
I'm falling asleep

Every prince is a fantasy
The witch is inside of me
Her poison will wash away the memory

We kill the lights and put on a show
It's all a lie
But you'd never know
The star will shine
And then it will fall
And you will forget it all

-Kill the Lights by The Birthday Massacre

If you like we could play a game
Let's pretend that we are the same
But you will have to look much closer
Than you do, closer than you do

And I'm far too tired to stay here anymore
And I don't care what you think anyway
'Cause I think you were wrong about me
Yeah what if you were, what if you were

And what if I'm a snowstorm burning
What if I'm a world unturning
What if I'm an ocean, far too shallow, much too deep
What if I'm the kindest demon
Something you may not believe in
What if I'm a siren singing gentlemen to sleep...


...And you close your eyes when I say I'm breaking free
And put your hands over both your ears
Because you cannot stand to believe I'm not
The perfect girl you thought
Well what have I got to lose...


...You don't know me
Never will, never will
I'm outside your picture frame
And the glass is breaking now
You can't see me
Never will, never will
If you're never gonna see

What if I'm a crowded desert
Too much pain with little pleasure
What if I'm the nicest place you never want to go
What if I don't know who I am
Will that keep us both from trying
To find out and when you have
Be sure to let me know...

-What If by Emilie Autumn

Save the Fairyland we live in
Where all failings are forgiven
Feel like hunted by a griffin
I fall straight down
Save the Fairyland we live in
Where my failings are forgiven
Feel like hunted by a griffin
I'm falling straight down
Catch my daydream
Catch my fall
-Fairyland by Angelzoom

Basically everything by Flood of Rain, instrumental and otherwise, but particularly Submerge. Here is a link to download their stuff (the album was released free online, so no worries of piracy).
Sakura Maichiru ano oka de by Kagrra, this video of them in particular (sakura petals falling from the sky at the end). The video may or may not be to everyone's liking, but the sakura petals are gorgeous. I believe they start around 6:42, if you want to skip to that part.
There are a bunch more, but I thought I'd share a sampling. If you're interested, Rei's amazing art can be seen here
I miss my friend.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I know you do. I wish you could contact her or find out what is going on. The uncertainty is the worst.