Friday, February 08, 2013

Mmmm, good smells

I smell like karma and lust, y'all. Or at least what the Lush company thinks they smell like, which is pretty damn good. I got the solid perfume version of these when my sister and I went on our little excursion last weekend during the one tiny window of feeling decent that I had. The tubes basically work the way lip balm does, except you push up instead of twisting up, and you smear them on your skin instead of your lips.

I liked both of these scents individually, but put together they are heavenly! Main scents in each that I can discern are:

Karma - Patchouli and lavender (there are other good hippie-smelling scents here but I can't pick them out)

Lust - Jasmine (lots and lots of jasmine!), sandalwood and rose

Mmmmmm. Smeared together on your skin they make you smell like a tropical garden. Lust may not be for everyone, as you have to really like jasmine in order for it to not overwhelm you, but I love it.
See? Kind of like Chapstick. The atomisers are more expensive.
Patrick loves it too. ;)

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ooh, I love jasmine. I'll have to check it out if I'm ever near a Lush store.

Adrasteia said...

Oh please do. And if you want to actually buy any of it online, use the UK site, not the US one. I know it sounds counterintuitive, but strangely the UK one is cheaper. That is why I linked to them!

+Rei Bathory+ said...

Oh great, now you're making me want to have to smell you, too?! Damn you! XD I'm sure you smell lovely, darling and these sound great so maybe I'll try them for myself someday! ^^ Thank you for sharing the info! Have a lovely day, darling! <3 <3 <3 * *Hugs*

+Rei Bathory+

Adrasteia said...

I smell awesome! hehe If you do try them, I bet you'll love them. They smell fabulous. Mmm, flowers! *hugs*

Margaret said...

I'm more of a fresh citrus person and don't generally wear florals. Do you think I would like it? Glad you smell GOOD and that Patrick likes it. *wink*

Adrasteia said...

Hmm, probably not, actually. At least not for wearing on yourself. You might think that it was pleasant for ME to wear, but not a scent that you'd personally want on. They are both very warm, sultry scents. They definitely do have fresh citrus-y types of scents, though! The whole store smells delicious. You should definitely go sometime.

Kacey said...

Love this little beauty post here. Those scents sound heavenly. I wish we had a store like that- well, we probably do, but I rarely explore when shopping. I may have to go to the site!