Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Patrick basically gave me a giant rock of crack for Christmas

No, lovelies, not actual crack, but close to it! This beloved man of mine gave me a Kindle Fire. Which is awesome all on its own.

BUT.

Three words for you: Seattle Public Library.

Oh my goodness gracious. Books. Unlimited books. Well, mostly. I do have to place holds on some of them. But holy crap this is the gift that keeps on giving!! You can have up to 25 books out at a time and keep them for up to 3 weeks, not that I'd ever need that much time.

It is a buffet for your brain!

I'm on my first one already. And you don't even have to go to the library in person. You just look online, check them out, and they're downloaded to your Kindle. It's like MAGIC. When the time is up, or if you click Return Book when you're done, they magically delete themselves from your device.

AND IT IS FREE! Free free freeeeeee!

Like I told you: giant rock of crack.

7 comments:

Kacey said...

Absolute crack. However I'm completely thrilled for you!! I know the library was a bitch to get to, but now you can have the books delivered into your hands. A Christmas miracle! Xoxo

+Rei Bathory+ said...

That's awesome, darling! <3 I wish I still read like I used to, I just don't have the time anymore... *Sigh* I hope you enjoy your new toy and can absorb all the knowledge that the Seattle Public Library can possibly offer to you! ^^ Have a lovely day, darling! <3 <3 <3 *

+Rei Bathory+

Jennifer said...

How exciting! I'm so old school, I just can't do the e-readers, but I know a lot of people love them. Thanks for the reminder that I need to get down to our library one of these days!

Rachel Noel said...

TOO. COOL. I hope I can do that here on my regular Kindle or else I'm in for a world of heartbreak!

Margaret said...

I LOVE getting books on my tablet from the library. Free and convenient reading!! Enjoy. :)

mod mom beyond indiedom said...

You had me at "crack". But books? Free? On the Kindle? Shut the front door. Even better!

Autumn Hoverter, MS, RD said...

Ooooooo.... I did NOT get my kindle paperwhite so I might just buy the damn thing. Then we will be twins (sort of)!