|This panel was a rectangular curtain thing that I cut and sewed diagonally to make a vague diamond-shape with satin and lace trim.|
|The back of the skirt. The doily is attached by means of a hook and eye on each side. The skirt came that way; not my doing.|
|The other side panel. This used to be a slip.|
|The front of the skirt. Not entirely symmetrical, but big deal. It's not like this skirt is all about perfection.|
|Another view of the used-to-be-a-curtain side.|
|Closeup of the trims. They're rather pale peach in real life, not orange, but the filter just came out looking like this.|
Anyway, I decided against adding black to this skirt. It would be pretty, but it just wouldn't look quite right. I think I would be better off just making a black skirt to begin with and layering all sorts of black pieces on top of tulle or similar. I'll get around to it one of these days.